Saturday, August 16, 2008

NSider about Soul Calibur hentai

I recently read the following at NSider about Soul Calibur Legends.

Quote
If most of you read nentendo power then you will know of the new soul calibur game coming out for wii.
If any one here played soul calibur 2 for GCN than you will know that link was in it. whell having made a simi good version of Ike on soul calibur 3 I think they sould but the actuall ike in they new game. who agrees with me

I was appalled. My reply:

Quote
Just so you know, SCL is an Action-Adventure game, not a fighter. And having other characters in it would ruin it. It takes place between Soul Edge and Soul Calibur 1 and Ike and Link have no part in it. If anything, it chronicles Siegfried turning into Nightmare (Hence is Soul Edge ending and his background in Soul Calibur 1, 2, and 3)

If you want them to be in a fighter, you're think Soul Calibur 4. But I agree, it would ruin it.

SCL won't have any unnecessary guest characters. Only SC4 is stuck with them.

Look what guest characters have done to this series. Ever since SC2, the only thing idiots like that guy seem to expect anymore are gimmicky characters that don't belong in the game.

Well eventually they began discussing that I'd be cool if both Link and Ike were in it so they could have (and I quote) "awesome swordfighting for the ages."

Gah. Isn't Super Smash Brothers meant to be "Nintendo Mascot War", not Soul Calibur?

It was but SNAKE is in it noaw! And he's like super awesome much better than teh shitty Mario! lolz.
(Note: I have always hated Metal Gear Solid and I don't enjoy Smash Brothers. I fear I may not have a soul because of that. Not liking Smash Brothers that is.)

On the whole Link could be in SCL, it depends whether or not Namco themselves, thinks the guest characters (Link, Spawn, Heihatchi and Necrid) are canon. To be honest I wouldn't be surprised if Link does indeed show up. I doubt he would be playable though. Think Smoke's missions from MK: Shaolin Monks

Also it depends who is publishing SCL, I'm pretty sure Nintendo published SC2 for the Gamecube whereas EA published SC2 for PS2 and Xbox. (I'm talking about Europe, Not sure about the rest of the world.)

The funny thing about Mortal Kombat Mythologies: Sub Zero is that it is a big part of the current MK storyline. So people who care about the MK Storyline have to take it into the canon. They don't have to play it though.

This, to me seems to be running along side Soul Blade, Calibur 1 and 2. Maybe it could be a bit of a directors cut (storyline wise) and include some of the characters that were meant to be in the Soul Series (That leader of the Berserkers springs to mind). If done properly it could add a bit more flesh to the bones of the story without changing it too much.

Namco didn't have a Europe based HQ at the time of Calibur 2. I don't know if they have got one now because of the Namco/Bandai merger.

From a purely marketing standpoint adding Link for the Gamecube version was clever, not just because LoZ would lap it up but because a lot of people were disappointed in the cel shaded look of Link in the Wind Waker. And that was why the Gamecube version was the best selling version.

The only guest character I kinda want to believe is canon is Heihatchi. Purely because one day there might be a Soul series character popping up and smacking Jin in the face. But I doubt it.

No comments: